Project YIPPEE: Construction Overview
*Cassandra is not allowed on site during this phase.
- Implementation of all work done by contractors must be done in this phase. Some of the below may be completed by Chris and helpers.
- Driveway put in and sites cleared
- Septic installed
- Water source developed/installed
- Shed(s) installed
- Power installed
- Satellite installed
- Propane installed (if needed)
- Coordination of all above, including permitting
- Preparation of Welcome Center site for Phase II
- Continued preparations for Phases II and III
- After driveway is established and sites cleared, the following Main Living Area construction by Chris and MCS-Safe helpers (a.k.a. Team YIPPEE) may begin. Work area must be kept off limits to regular construction workers who have not been through the Safety Protocol. This task may carry on through Phase II into Phase III.
- Yurt platforms
- Heating installed
- Plumbing rough-in
- Electric rough-in
Once all outside contractors are finished working at the property, implementation of Phase II can begin. From this point forward, all workers must follow the MCS-Safety Protocol.
The 14' yurt, which will eventually become the Welcome Center, will first be used as transitional housing. Regularly transporting Cassandra between the rental house and construction site is not a viable option, due to the illness involved. Therefore, having her live on site during Phase III is a better option. Some adjustments may be required, that would not otherwise be needed for using the 14' yurt as a Welcome Center alone.
Transition of 14' yurt. Rough transition calls for work to be done on weekends by C+C. If additional helpers can be recruited to make the transition faster, timeline will be shortened.
- Weekend 1: Clean, deconstruct, pack and transport 14' yurt, with necessary tools to new site.
- Weekend 2: Reconstruct yurt, camp onsite, possibly start internal installations, time permitting.
- Weekend 3: Finish installations (walls, bathroom, water and electric) and move Cassandra over.
(It is not yet known where Cassandra will live during these weeks. The 14' yurt, her only safe option currently, will no longer be available. Living in the rental house is not an option. Accommodations must be figured out. Perhaps a tent on the porch?)
After Cassandra is living with facilities at the newly established 14' yurt, cleanup tasks for the rental (a.k.a. "hell house") can be implemented at any time.
Cassandra will require recovery time due to the increased exposures during Phase II. After which, she is now onsite and available to work at any time on construction. Chris will generally be available on weekends.
Tasks begun in Phase I, part 5 must be completed.
For "Push Week", Chris will use vacation time and have one week off work, being available for weekend-week-weekend, nine days total, for the following:
- Raise 20' and 30' yurts (5-7 people required)
- Connect the two yurts
- Internal Walls + Loft construction (sealing can begin prior)
- Installation of: plumbing, electric, fixtures, cabinets
After "Push Week", 2-3 weeks of finishing work may be required.
Move in can commence: (approx date: Nov 6-13th?)